Grandma's Place is committed to supporting individuals with chronic persistent mental illness, who are high functioning with intellectual disabilities, have a brain injury, and who may or may not have substance abuse/misuse barrier. To assist our clients with developing independent living skills in their own home and to help them lead a more self-directed life,
Grandma’s place provides Integrated Community Supports. At Grandma's Place we are proud to assist individuals with disabilities on their journey toward greater independence and integration in community life. We are always looking for qualified applicants who have a passion to help others grow and become their best! If this sounds like you, we encourage you to join our diverse team, committed to making a difference.
Health benefits, HRA, HSA, Life Insurance, STD available for all full-time employees.
PTO available for part-time and full-time employees
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.
Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s) play a crucial role in providing a high level of quality care for individuals. DSP’s typically provide individualized direct care services to up to 15 individuals throughout the week. DSP’s build strong relationships with these individuals, while providing direct support services to help them lead more independent lives and achieve their personal goals.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
· Providing supportive services documentation in accordance with individualized plan of cares, and ensuring individuals served have satisfaction regarding services.
· Providing prompts and reminders, skill building and maintenance, guidance, instruction, assistance with activities of daily living, assistance with coordination of community living activities and direct supervision in the following areas:
o Identifying and participating in community resources
o Leisure, recreation, and socialization planning
o Community and pedestrian safety
o Interpersonal communications skills
o Transporting Individuals served in personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement)
o Housekeeping and household chores
o Money management
o Tenancy support and advocacy
o Cooking, meal-planning, and nutrition
o Healthy lifestyle skills and practices
o Crisis prevention skills
o Support strategies for self-sufficiency
o Implementation of positive support strategies
o increase positive behavior, resulting in reduction or elimination of challenging behavior.
o Collaboration with the person to arrange health care (e.g., physical, mental, chemical), meaningful activities, social services, meetings, and appointments.
o Health services support
o Collaborate and create individualized strategies to support individuals to reach their health, safety, and wellness goals.
· Communicating with the supervisor concerning individuals served needs, progress, and changes in condition.
· Documenting services provided and updating electronic records.
· Adhering to professional standards, core values, following policies and procedures, and abiding by federal, state, and local regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must encompass core values.
· Willingness to complete background study and TB screening.
· Can effectively communicate using English in both verbal and written communications.
· Proven success making sound and independent decisions.
· Pass a DMV driving record and able to transport individuals served in a personal vehicle.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Demonstrate your ability to navigate and utilize the internet, Microsoft Office, and Outlook email.
· One year of experience with administering medication in a healthcare or human service setting.
· 6 months-2 years of experience as a Personal Care Assistant, Home Health Aide, Direct Support Professional, or Independent Living Skills worker.
· Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and strong ability to prioritize.
· Paid Time Off
· Mileage reimbursement
· Holiday Pay
· Overtime Pay
· Paid Volunteer Time Off
· Paid trainings
Positions Supervised by: Designated Coordinator
Hours Per Week: 20-30 Part-time, 30-40 Full-time
Wage: $18.00 per hour
Evening/Weekend Rate: $19.00 per hour