Welcome to Thomas Place
"I just came out of an abusive relationship and didn't know what to think. I was also homeless until I found Grandma's Place."
Who are we?
A licensed service, semi-independent apartment setting to provide individual programs that increase consumer independence through effective on-site learning opportunities. Our clients strive to be the best they can be by using appropriate strategies and steps to become active participants in their community.
Thomas Place offers individualized attention for 7 participants.
Individual living and sleeping areas, full kitchen and dining areas
Our consumer goals are achieved through a variety of experiences, options and care support such as:
- Focus on consumer strengths
- Personal development
- Anger management
- Appropriate community boundaries
- Decision making skills
- Life skills - domestic, recreational, social skills
- Training in medication monitoring and nutrition
- Appropriate boundary skills training
- Employment social exchange skills training
- Community Gardens
- Creative outings and events
- Adult men and women aged 20 and older intake who are ready to live semi-independently.
Specialized services at this location:
- Apartment Living - Each apartment
contains a kitchen, bedroom, dining and living room area.
- The apartment offers opportunity to partipate in the community, peer interaction, socializing and support
- Thomas is located on the bus line for convenient transportation and independence.
- Our apartment complex is a mixture of clients and general population renters to create natural occurring role model opportunities.
- Encourage healthy involvement in the community via natural outlets such as employment, faith communities, social clubs and community events.
- Life skills Training - Domestic chores are reinforced using safe techniques in cooking, cleaning, and organizational skills. This includes safe use of appliances, such as stove, washing machine, and microwave.
- Financial/Budget - A computer accounting system is utilized to establish a budget to track bills and payments. Staff works with the client to determine eligibility for additional government funding including SSI, MSA and economic assistance.
- Safety Training
- Community living safety skills,
- Develop support networks,
- Medication management skills
- Appointment scheduling skills
- Transportation skills
- Advocacy skills
- Community Involvement - Consumers are
encouraged to participate in community activities, including but not
- Volunteer Work
- Communities of Faith
- Cultural Events
- Sports Activities
- Support consumers in attending
- Eating Disorders Groups
For more information call (763) 560-2500